Select/Multiplex bug with busses

Discuss suspected defects before submitting a bug report

Moderator: electrogear

Re: Select/Multiplex bug with busses

Postby infuzion on Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:03 am

Thanks for the info rl.
I'm focusing on using audio through buses though. If the buses do not work for audio, then my project manager may give up the VSTi we're building, wasting like $1000+. I'd rather get solid confirmation, preferably a good test OSM, before I waste $50 just testing audio-buses in his huge (16Mb) VSTi.
Need help? First search the forum & WiKi, then post in the help forum with a clear topic, request, & OSM. Then please WiKi the correct solution. If you want my personal assistance, I charge by the hour or for an exchange of services.
infuzion
smstar
smstar

Postby infuzion on Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:41 pm

infuzion wrote:
infuzion wrote:Had this bug been fully fixed yet please?
Urm, anyone? Or is everyone avoiding busses all together like me?
Has anyone used & fully tested the bus-system successfully for audio signals please? If it does work, it would make a very fast re-router:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=6101&p=50059&hilit=matrix#p50059
cheers
Need help? First search the forum & WiKi, then post in the help forum with a clear topic, request, & OSM. Then please WiKi the correct solution. If you want my personal assistance, I charge by the hour or for an exchange of services.
infuzion
smstar
smstar

Postby infuzion on Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:12 am

Andrew J wrote:
infuzion wrote:
infuzion wrote:Had this bug been fully fixed yet please?
Urm, anyone? Or is everyone avoiding busses all together like me?
I only use them for control signals now, not audio.
Bus system is still buggy. I'm trying to use Bus Create -> Selector -> Bus Extract and the green triggers seem not to propagate correctly when this Selector is switched. It could be the link-order, but when I did some swapping there, sill bad triggering.
xP
New bug report off to Malc.
infuzion
smstar
smstar

Postby Andrew J on Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:59 am

infuzion wrote:Bus system is still buggy. I'm trying to use Bus Create -> Selector -> Bus Extract and the green triggers seem not to propagate correctly when this Selector is switched. It could be the link-order, but when I did some swapping there, sill bad triggering.
xP
New bug report off to Malc.

I should have mentioned that I only use buses for routeing control signals from the GUI *and* these don't go through selectors. Only the audio path gets switched through the selectors. That way I avoid the problem and hence probably won't notice if it gets fixed.
Andrew J
smanatic

Postby bootsy on Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:34 pm

I'm using audio through busses sometimes but had problems in the past when using a selector on that.
Come and visit my Blog: Variety Of Sound
bootsy
essemilian

Previous

Return to Bugs