New Release 0.9.6
First off, if you took the 30 day trial in the past then we’ve reset it in this version so you can have another go
This release combines a huge number of bug fixes with some key optimisations and also ties up some of the loose ends that have been hanging around for some time. In particular Graph connectors have finally been replaced with Float Arrays and all affected components have been updated accordingly.
On the optimisation side we’ve overhauled the wireless link updating mechanism. In larger schematics you should see a huge performance difference for editing operations which was very slow before.
We’ve also updated all the knobs and included refresh limiting and optimisations for automation handling. Unfortunately you will need to update knob modules in your schematics to take advantage of these changes. There’s no easy way round it but the benefits will be worth the effort. Our apologies for the inconvenience, we’ll post some information about best to deal with this update on the forum very soon.
Finally we have a new set of components for timing related information including Bar Start Position, PPQ Position, and Time Signature. The Timing Info component has been replaced by individual components for Tempo, Sample Rate and Is Playing. The old Timing Info will still work in old schematics but the new components provide a more flexible and efficient way of doing the job. Again, sorry for the inconvenience – we are hoping to introduce some features later down the line that will make dealing with such changes much easier.
In this release we move away from the separate folder per version system. From now on all updates will default to install to C:\Program Files\Outsim\SynthMaker. If you want to retain your modules from version 0.9.5z simply rename or copy your SynthMaker_0_9_5 install folder to 'SynthMaker' before installing 0.9.6.
Additions and fixes:
– Optimised wireless link updates for much improved editing performance in large schematics
– Greatly increased the responsiveness of module property pages in large schematics
– All Graph connectors have been replaced by Float Arrays
– New Time Info components for ppq pos, bar start pos and time signature. Timing Info is replaced with individual components
– new component for determining when a host is in offline mode
– Updated the filter bar and connector type chooser to include all connector types
– Cached bitmaps that are unused are no longer saved in the schematic file
– Creating VSTs with dual SSE support wasn't working when using Assembler components
– Sample Position and Wave Read components now have stream connectors
– Wave Array component has new array outputs for getting sample information
– Updated the label modules to correct the font bug
– Fixed a memory leak in the Wave File component
– Decreased memory usage for Wireless Input components
– Array types now add (or append for strings) when they reach a Wireless Input component
– Int and String arrays now add or append respectively at input connectors
– Array components will now add through a bus
– Buses were not passing arrays of any type correctly
– Int and String arrays can now be converted to Strings for easy viewing in a Text component
– Fixed a possible crash when using the FFT component on a zero size array
– Fixed the floating point representation issue in the code component
– Fixed the redraw bug in exported exe's that causes the application to launch with a blank black screen
– Fixed the redraw bug in exported exes when zooming to a smaller window size
– Corrected the Triangle oscillator pitch as it was 1 octave out
– Fixed a crash when closing schematics that contain a Wave Read component
– Stream Ins and outs were losing their help text after picking up type
– When using a timer in a schematic the software could hang during loading or saving
– The Graph Lines component was starting drawing at x = 0 instead of using the start x value from the area
– Fixed a redraw glitch that can happen in exported VSTs where, after automating when a system paint occurs the panel redraws incorrectly
– Corrected the Mono to Float component so that it doesn't update it's value until it gets a trigger. This was causing some strange redraw issues when using multiple readouts on a panel
– Fixed an infinite loop bug that can occur in the selector and multiplexer when they are used in feedback loops in a mono section
– Fixed a bug in timing info that can cause crashes after pasting and undoing
– The modulo (%) operator should now work correctly in the code component
– The Modulo (%) operator was swapping the operand order for SSE channels 2,3 and 4 (the first channel was working correctly).
– Relinking in a schematics that use more than 1 Poly to Mono could cause notes that are playing to bypass their release stage
– Updated and reinstated the split knob module
– Knob, slider and dezipper modules have been updated for much better performance. Example synth has been updated as well.
– Float Array to Mem
– Int Array to Mem
– Ticker 100
– Sample Rate
– Tempo (stream and float)
– Is Playing (stream and float)
– Bar Start Position
– PPQ Position
– Time Signature
– VST Editor Open
– Offline Mode
Get the trial version here:
Registered users please log in to the Early Adopters section to download the full version.