New Release 0.9.4q
Mostly bug fixes this release. In particular we've fixed a load of crashes many of which would occur at seemingly random moments. Several would give the impression that the cause of the crash was something different from what it actually was so it's very good to get these ironed out.
We've sorted out the hanging problem that many of you had been seeing with the example synth and one of skOre's latest creations. It was caused by the escape feature we introduced to the two loop components recently. We've therefore reverted back to the old way that the loops were working and will tackle them properly in the next release.
Additions and fixes:
– The Sleep component has been superceded. This was always experimental. It was stopping the whole application which is not right.
– Redraw glitches can occur in SM and in generated VST/I's with pop-up menus or other controls that appear over a front panel
– Drop List component now has an output which gives you the number of items in the list
– Colour Dialog now has a colour input for setting the current colour
– Preset Manager component wasn't sendingupdates when you connect or disconnect links from it's Preset output
– Preset Manager component now has a string output for getting the program names
– Boolean data component wasn't updating the schematic when it changed. Changes were not undoable either.
– Crash that could occur in components with properties when they are dragged to the toolbox
– Copying a selection containing Module Input or Module Output components could lead to a crash when you do your next copy operation
– Dragging modules with a multplexer to the toolbox can sometimes crash the application
– Trigger connectors now don't pass ints, floats, strings and booleans. This allows you to explicitly convert a data component change to a simple trigger
– Bug when determining how far to propagate some data doesn't check the connector type when looking for a match
– One-click front panel prevents wireless connections of non View type from passing into submodules of the module in question
– Redraw glitches when passing over links after using drop-list controls
– The software can sometimes crash when making module or deleting components. The crash is not immediate but occurs later down the line after several do's and undo's
– Bug in timers in that too many get created
– Advanced counter wasn't working correctly
– New input to advanced counter for setting the start value
– Bug in Int Select causing strange behaviour
– Saving and restoring a module with a front panel and properties was not working properly
– Presets were sending triggers on load unnecessarily
– The Analyser was crashing under certain link connections
– Crash when syncing modules which have a code component inside with one of these hoked up to an Analyser
– The Code component now only compiles when you click away not as you type. This will make editing a bit quicker. You can revert back to the old method in the options
– A seemingly random crash can occur when exiting the app sometimes which is related to direct sound
– View Size
– View Area
– Module Wireless Output
The View Size and View Area components allow you to get the associated front panel size from any View connector. This saves you from having to pass such information down through modules or use wireless links
The Module Wireless Output allows you to make a module itself into a wireless transmitter. By designating a module output as wireless the connector will not show and instead it is treated as if the connector were there but with a wireless output connected to it in the module above. The main use of this is to allow us to hide connectors when making high-level modules.
Get it here: